Tuesday , May 11 2021

Kentucky Teen encourages a sudden death caused by infection and inflammation



After a 13-year-old girl died mysteriously after a cheerleading contest, an autopsy was reported two months later because her cause of death was inflammation of the infection, the Daily News reported.

Dan Shalek, Lillian Schalk's father, said she was warming up in her All-Star contest on February 23 when she began to feel numb and tickled her legs, ABC News reported.

"I took her aside, maybe I'll get her some fluids," he said. "She just got weaker, just did not behave herself."

Liliana was quickly taken to the emergency room at the Children's Hospital in Archie.

"At one point I managed to get closer, to hold her hand, and at that point they simply could not do more."

Hours later, she died.

Her family confirmed the report in a press release.

"Apparently, an infection of the underlying infection has overwhelmed its immune system with little or no warning, and catastrophic consequences," says the statement.

"We knew that this report was coming and we really had mixed feelings. On the one hand, it does not matter to us. But on the other hand, we would not want this nightmare on anyone and maybe this report might help prevent a similar result for someone else. "

According to health, the staph infection caused the development of sepsis, which eventually killed her.

The family expressed their appreciation for the outpouring of the love and support of its members, teachers, coaches and principals in Highlands High and High schools, its extended family at Premiere Athletics, and all the joyous communities all over the country.

"We are so grateful, and genuinely shocked, by those who came out and continue to find new ways to support Liliana's memory on an almost daily basis," the family said.


Source link