Friday , January 22 2021

A robot factory impales a person with steel spikes after a malfunction



A working Chinese worker survived to be a skewer with 10 metal spikes when the robot malfunctioned.

The 49-year-old boy, named Mr. Gao, worked on a night shift in a porcelain factory in Hunan Province when he was hit by a falling robotic arm.

The accident caused him to be impaled with a long leg, half inch thick metal rods, the People of the day Reporting.

He was first taken to the local hospital before being transferred to Xiangya Hospital of South Central University due to the severity of his injury.

Six steel rods fixed on a steel plate penetrated his right shoulder and chest, and four of his rooms were elsewhere in his body.

During the surgery, doctors found that one of the missed rods in the artery was only 0.1 mm.The bars also prevented doctors from performing x-rays prior to surgery.

"They were relatively large, so there was no way to adjust the patient to the X-ray machine, while the fingernails themselves could cause X-ray interference," said Wu Fanfeng, associate professor of micro-surgery.

Surgeons worked through the night to remove all the rods in Mr. Gogh's body.

His condition is now described as stable and he will undergo treatment and physiotherapy to help recovery, and he is already able to move his right arm.

Mr. Gao was lucky not to suffer the same fate as the American factory worker, Wanda Holbrooke. The maintenance technician was killed by an intractable robot driving to the area where she worked and crushed her head.

The 57-year-old checked machines in the area where the components were assembled when the robot "took Wanda by surprise, entered the chapter where she worked," the court papers that were filed at the time.

In 2015, another worker in the automotive industry, this time in Germany, was also killed by a robot.

The 22-year-old man, who had no name, was part of a team that set up the stationary robot at the Volkswagen plant when he grabbed it and destroyed it on a metal plate.

Last year, a construction worker miraculously survived after he was electrocuted, thrown from his work station and then impaled through an anus by a steel steel meter.

Yang Ming, 37, accidentally touched live wires at a construction site and the shock caused him to fly back on the prominent metal rod.

Rescuers left the bar inside and rushed him to the hospital so that surgeons could fish him.

Ming was forced to undergo seven hours of surgery at the University of Sichuan Hospital in western China in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan Province in southwest China.

This article originally appeared on the Sun and distributed with permission


Source link