Prices announced for new leases rose above inflation in the first quarter of the year. According to the Fipezap survey, the average value of home or apartment rentals rose by 0.61% in March (the fourth consecutive quarter) and 1.68% in the first three months of the year. Inflation, calculated by the Consumer Price Index (IPCA), stood at 0.75% in March and 1.51% in the first quarter.
In the first three months of the year there was a real increase of 0.17% in average rental prices.
Incremental price changes of new rentals
The indicator rises above inflation in 2019
The highest increases in the first quarter of the observed capitals occurred in Brasilia (4.03%), Florianopolis (2.98%) in Sao Paulo (2.42%). In Salvador there was a decline of 1.72%.
In the 12 months ended in March, the average residential sales price for new contracts gained 2.54%, still far lower than the 4.58% inflation in that period, taking into account the CPI.
The city of Sao Paulo follows the highest average rental price per square meter (R $ 37.65), followed by Barueri (SP), with R $ 32.04; Santos (SP), with R $ 30.68; and Rio de Janeiro R $ 30.54) The average of the 25 cities surveyed in March was $ 28.42.
As for rental profitability, that is, the average rental price divided by the average selling price of real estate, the average yield was 4.53% in March.
Average leases of m2, by city:
- Sao Paulo (SP): R $ 37,65
- Barueri (SP): R $ 32,04
- Santos (SP): R $ 30,68
- Rio de Janeiro (RJ): R $ 30,54
- Brazil (DF): R $ 28,11
- Recife (PE): R $ 27,69
- Florianopolis (SC): R $ 23,78
- Porto Alegre (RS): R $ 22,69
- Praia Grande (SP): R $ 22,61
- Blue Horizonte (MG): $ 21.49 R
- Santo Andre (SP): R $ 21,27
- Salvador (BA): $ 20.95 R
- Campinas (SP): R $ 20,91
- Sao Bernardo do Campo (SP): R $ 20,25
- Sao Jose dos Campos (SP): R $ 20,11
- Nitro (RJ): R $ 19.55
- Guarulhos (SP): R $ 19,51
- Curitiba (PR): R $ 18,33
- Joinville (SC): R $ 17,52
- Goiânia (GO): R $ 16,28
- Ribeirão Preto (SP): 16.10
- Sao Jose (SC): R $ 15,86
- Pelotas (RS): R $ 15.80
- Fortaleza (CE): R $ 15,77
- Sao Jose di Rio Privato (SP): R $ 15,21