Canada's ethics commissioner, Mario Dion, has announced an investigation into allegations of misconduct surrounding the lawsuit against Senk-Lavelin, saying he believes the law has been broken. Here's another thing you need to know to get started today.
1. Testing of PMO: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says he "welcomes" the investigation whether he or someone in his office influenced former Justice Minister Richard Wilson in the SNC-Lavalin affair.
2. Forced labor: The district police released 43 people from a human trafficking operation in Bari and Asaga Beach, on what officials compared to "modern slavery."
3. Migration Scam: Three men from India say their Canadian dreams were crushed after allegedly being scammed by a licensed immigration consultant.
4. US Closing: Republican lawmakers settled on less funding for new roadblocks along the US-Mexico border, and agreed with a temporary agreement to a deal that would prevent another closure of the government.
5. Landing to Mars: a The space travel company, which previously published one-way trips to Mars filed for bankruptcy in Swiss court last month, was officially dismantled, according to court documents.
One more thing…
The Last Ship: He grew up in a city in northern England where the local shipping industry collapsed, and legendary musician Sting says he knows what GM employees in Oshwa, Ont, are going through.