Saturday , January 16 2021

OPP's explosion allegations "groundless claims" about the employees Taverner



The Ford government blew up the OPP interim commissioner, Brad Blair, for complaining to the Ombudsman of Ontario about the controversial deal by Ron Taverner.

Sylvia J. Jones, the community defense minister, said the Tories are sticking to Tburner, a Toronto inspector and a member of Ford.

"We are not going to respond to Mr. Blair's motives to use the office he holds to raise these issues.We will investigate the appropriate place to review the content of a letter that we completely completely disagree," said Jones Wednesday.

"The government is in the process leading to the appointment of Mr. Tabner as the next Commissioner of the Opposition, and Mr. Taberner has more than 50 years of exemplary police service, and unfortunately this service has been unfairly undermined by baseless claims about the appointment process," the minister said.

"We would respect any decision of the Ombudsman regarding the examination in this matter, and cooperate with any such criticism."

He filed a complaint on Tuesday requesting that Ontario's Ombudsman, Paul Dubé, investigate the employment of his successor.

It comes as Taverner, 72, a close friend of Ford, is sworn as Canada's second largest police chief after RCMP.

The veteran police chief of Toronto, who was 51 years old, was a sudden choice in the leadership of the opposition.

Blair wants Taverner's installation to be delayed until the appointment is reviewed.

The 32-year-old OPP veteran and his deputy vice-president to apply for the top job makes serious allegations against Ford's Chief of Staff, French Dean.

He claims that in particular French asked that the OPP purchase a "large vehicle type car" that could be different from certain specifications and that the request to be "kept the books".

Blair's letter says that Taberner's appointment raises a "legitimate question as to the integrity of the election, and whether the public can have confidence and respect for the opposition ahead."

His lawyer, Julian Fleconer, said that Blair came up with an explosive complaint "amidst an increasing sea of ​​controversy."

Falconer said the officer spoke in the belief that the opposition "is an organization worthy of protection."

Blair is aware of his decision to question his successor's hiring processes, saying that "now there will be little light under scrutiny," the lawyer said.

The interim commissioner was appointed to his post by the Conservative Conservative Government, through the October Order of the Council.

He also submitted a request to the Commander of the High Commissioner. In the letter he notes that members of the opposition saw him as a "candidate on the front."

The letter said that the decision to call Taverner an inspector was accepted before the cabinet meeting on Wednesday, where it was said that the decision had been made. That the publication of the work "has changed without convincing justification," and that the board has "dubious authority," and the panel of interviewees has changed at the last minute.

The letter also claims that the chief of staff of Ford specifically requested that the OPP purchase "a large type camper car and have to change the specifications of the office of the Prime Minister will provide us." According to the letter, there was a request for these costs to be "kept the books."

Such a request requesting "funds hidden from the public record" is at least a violation of the Ontario government's economic policy, the letter said.

Blair's concerns came after ex-OPP chief Chris Lewis expressed his concern about Taberner's employment and told CP24 that "the amendment was."

His complaint is not the first official concern to be raised about Taberner's recruitment. In Queens Park, Ontario Integrity Commissioner David Wake's office said an official request for review into the Taverner appointment was filed.

"I can confirm that a request was made by MPP Kevin Yarde … and this is being reviewed by this firm and the office will have no further comment on the matter," said Vike spokeswoman Michele Reno referring to Brampton North NDP MPP's letter to the office.

Robert Benzi is Stars of the Queen's Park Main Lodge and writes Covers Politics Ontario. Follow us on Twitter: @ Robertensi

Wendy Gillis is a Toronto reporter who deals with crime and policing. Email her at [email protected] or follow her on Twitter: @ wendygillis


Source link