By Rina Narbas
Donors share their best-kept secrets:
- Potatoes remove food stains from fingers. Slice the potato and use the exposed side to rub the stained skin, wash as usual. Submitted by: Edna
- Real vanilla (not imitation) is great for keeping ticks and mosquitoes away. Wipe vanilla on the skin and let dry, mosquitoes will not bother you, and your skin will smell sweet. Posted by: Betty
- Shane Jewelry. Sponge water in the water, where the potatoes are cooked. Let stand for an hour. Current. Submitted by: C.C.
- White shoe polish will not soften if a hair remover is applied to the shoe after drying. Sent by: Darren (Rina's note: Polish white shoes will be showing even more if the shoes will be erased with rubbing alcohol before polishing).
- If you need to scratch your windshield but do not get a good grip on itchy while wearing gloves, but do not want to freeze your fingers, find an old or cheap pair of gloves. Cut a hole in the head – just big enough – near and just in front of the forearm. Slip the knob of the itch through then it's now inside the glove. Voila! Handle and heat! Sent by: Rekha
- I want to sing the praises of the Spring Bar. I used it to put quick curtains on the windows (just the canvas over a few times) and you do not have to put holes in the pattern. I also put the rods up front and back on the wall of my closets to store a variety of items. I use a large (bath sheet rods) in my study to hang a cloth for evaporation and measurement. I put them in doorways and closet doors with curtain panels (I removed the doors, so they would not take so much space in the room when they opened). One of them fit well into my bathroom over the sink with a towel for guests (I covered it with a cloth pipe). And yes, I use one for my shower curtain. The main advantage is that you can often redesign with very little stitching. Submitted by: Patty
- To keep the cat smell fresh and smell, mix the baby powder with the litter. Submitted by: Eric
- Healing hiccups at a time. Cut lemon juice, dip it in sugar and eat the lemon. Not only does it taste good, but it also makes hiccups disappear. Submitted by: L.B.
- Back sandpaper with duct tape before applying it to vibrating sanders – it will last up to five times longer. Submitted by: Dennis
- Before dropping raw pasta into a pot of boiling water, hold it tightly with both hands (one on top of the other). Twist both hands in opposite directions and pour pasta into the pot. The pasta will rotate around the edges of the pot and cook evenly. Posted by: Adrian
- To stop the eyes from burning when slicing onions instead of cutting your board near the exhaust hood over the stove. He pulls the steam up to prevent tears. Sent by: Grant
- If you do not have enough batter to fill all the cupcake cans, pour 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of water into full blobs.This helps to keep your pans life. Submitted by: Anonymous
- Remove permanent marker surfaces and appliances by wiping with alcohol and rubbing a paper towel. Sent by: Nice
- If your tongue burns because of hot liquid, resolve the pain by splashing sugar on the burns and leave to dissolve. Submitted by: jordan
Happy New Year!
To share a tip with Rina Narbas check out her website – reena.ca