Saturday , January 23 2021

Strange "dark liquid": the new theory that explains what 95% of the universe is made of

Newton, Einstein, and Stephen Hawking have taken great strides in explaining the mystery of the universe, but there is a task that, despite their efforts, is still beautifully backward.

Today we know only what 5% of the universe is made of: the remaining 95% consists of two invisible and unknown substances: Dark energy and dark matter.

What we know about them is based on their effects on gravity.

A personWe only know what 5% of our universe is made of.

Scientists do not really know what these substances are, but their Theoretical models They give clues about how they work.

Dark matter activates gravity that continues Galaxies united; Dark energy, on the other hand, activates a repulsive force that makes the universe expand.

  • Why a large Hadron Collider will close for two years

Dark matter and dark energy have been seen as phenomena separatedBut a new study from Oxford University shows that both are actually part of the same perception, just as strange and mysterious.

Astrophysicist Jamie Parnas, author of the study, states that the two substances constitute "Dark liquid" of the negative gravity.

  • How to make the invisible: This is the most complete map of dark matter, one of the great mysteries of the universe

And this fluid, according to his theory, would be the substance from which 95% of the universe is made.

The world is upside down

Imagine an object that pushes it instead of away from you, approaches. It would be like gravity, but on the contrary.

These objects, strange as they seem, are not a new concept, and hypothetically possible. They are called objects of Negative mass Or F, as the "dark liquid" proposed by Farnes.

In this way, the astrophysicist proposes a model that attempts to explain how the forces of the Attraction and rejection They invent strange stuff that keeps the universe, but constantly expanding.

  • What is "liquid light" and why it is considered the fifth state of matter

"The result is beautiful," Parnes writes in the Oxford Declaration. "Dark energy and dark matter can be united into one substance, and both effects can be explained simply as a matter of mass mass transit in a sea of ​​negative masses."

spaceIn the universe, forces of attraction and rejection exist.

It is like the constant flirting between the two forces, one positive and one negative that create Cosmic aura It keeps everything in place.

"The gravity of the positive mass galaxy attracts Negative crowds From all directions, and when the negative mass fluid approaches the galaxy, it activates a stronger thrust force on the galaxy, "explains Parnes.

  • How astronomers were able to measure the light of all stars in the universe

In this way, the galaxy can rotate at high speeds without leaving Flying in pieces.

spaceWe are far from unveiling the great mysteries of the universe.

"So, it seems simple Less sign It can solve one of the oldest problems in physics, "says Parnes.

In any case, despite Frances's elegant and intuitive look, he still seems to recognize that there is a long way to go Puzzles of the universe.

  • Create an object with a "negative mass": Go to the opposite side of that you are pushing and defying the physical laws of Isaac Newton

"It is clear that this new theory creates many new questions," Parnes writes in the portal Conversation. "The search to understand the true nature of the beautiful, unified and perhaps polarized universe is just beginning."


Source link