Bisnis.com, JAKARTA – Low blood pressure (BP) mainly causes dizziness and fainting in people and there are several factors that cause it.
Low blood pressure usually does not cause problems in humans, but abnormal low blood pressure can cause fainting and dizziness in some people.
Low BP is a reading lower than 90 millimeters of mercury to the upper number or 60 mm, Hg to the lower number. Well, here are the causes and symptoms of low blood pressure.
Symptoms of low blood pressure:
6. Difficulty concentrating.
Extremely low blood pressure can sometimes cause high blood pressure which can be with the following signs and symptoms:
2. Cold and pale skin.
3. Breathe fast and shallow.
4. The pulse is weak.
In these extreme cases of low blood pressure, you should see a doctor immediately without further delay.
Causes low problems in BP
These are some of the conditions that can cause us to have low blood pressure:
1. Pregnancy: The blood system develops rapidly during pregnancy and as a result, blood pressure levels can be low.
2. Heart problems: Some heart problems can cause high blood pressure such as low heart rate, heart valve problems, heart attack, etc.
3. Endocrine problems: parathyroid disease, adrenal insufficiency, low blood sugar, etc. Can sometimes cause low blood pressure.
4. Dehydration: Prolonged dehydration can cause weakness, fatigue and dizziness among us and lead to low blood pressure.
5. Improper nutrition: due to deficiency of vitamin B12, folic acid, iron, etc. We can suffer from anemia due to low red blood cell count and it can lead to low blood pressure.
Types of low blood pressure
1. Low standing blood pressure.
2. Low blood pressure after eating.
3. Low blood pressure from damaged brain signals.
4. Low blood pressure due to damage to the nervous system.
Low risk factors for BP:
1. Age – Low standing or eating blood pressure is usually caused in people aged 65.
Medications – Some medications can cause low blood pressure.
3. Certain diseases: Diabetes, Parkinson’s disease and certain heart conditions also cause low blood pressure.
Check out the video below:
Login / Register