Thursday , October 28 2021

DBKL put off 40,500 discounts next week on failure to pay taxes



[ad_1]

DBKL officers waterproofing properties of those who fail to reconcile their assessment tax. (Bernma pic)

KUALA LUMPUR: Starting next week, Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) will carry out large-scale operations on 41,503 commercial and residential premises in the city with an exceptional tax assessment amounting to RM182.7 million.

DBKL's Director of Finance, Mohammad Hamim, said the owners would issue notices to pay exceptional taxes.

"700 enforcement officers will issue first notices and give them two weeks to pay.

"Commercial discounts will be opaque if they fail to make payments," he told reporters after the DBKL Tax Assessment Ops here today.

Empty premises will be sold at auction after the court act under section 151, of the Local Government Act 1976.

Mohammed said 25 business premises due to taxes of RM1.6 million were signed in a campaign held on Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman today.

"For discounts with huge outstanding payments, we ban some items in them.

"They will also have to pay 30% of the amount indicated.They get one week to go to the main office to pay the remaining 70%.

"If they do not, the rest of the items on their premises will be confiscated," he said.

[ad_2]
Source link