Monday , July 22 2019
Home / newzealand / Marlboro Boys & The teacher claims to harass parents

Marlboro Boys & The teacher claims to harass parents



[ad_1]

A teacher at the Marlboro Boys College in Blenheim is under investigation.

Scott Monod / Things

A teacher at the Marlboro Boys College in Blenheim is under investigation.

A senior teacher suspended from Marlborough Boys College has been under investigation for alleged sexual relations with several students over several years.

The woman, whose husband is a police officer, was suspended last week, apparently after an explicit photograph at the Blenheim school.

You know more? New email The information will be handled secretly.

Stuff Understands that the teacher, who has two children, is suspected of having sex with students who were active in sports.

Sexual activity has been said to be extended for several years, involving at least six students.

Read more: College staff member questioned

Police and Oranga Tamariki (formerly CYF) began investigating about a week ago.

The mother of one of the boys, allegedly involved with the teacher said she was "furious" with the woman. Some of the boys feared they would be punished or deported when the activities became clear, she said.

"I was really angry, angry and real, these are young children.

"She messed with a lot of their heads. I think … The boys got advice and they've been well treated, told them they're not in trouble.

"I feel sick, you send the kids to school to think they're protected by the teachers and they take care of your children, and of course young boys, they'll think an older lady wants some attention … obviously they thought it was a bit of a joke and then it got serious."

She discovered a week ago and her son was running "as good as could be." He gave a statement to the police.

Marlboro Boys College sent parents a letter about allegations of misconduct against a teacher.

Provided

Marlboro Boys College sent parents a letter about allegations of misconduct against a teacher.

The mother said that her son's relationship began with writing text messages about a sports game, and it seemed that they did not last very long. She heard a video clip in the school prompting the investigation.

"I'd say the boys would show their friends and think it's pretty cool.

She did not blame the school because no one would know that the teacher was "like that".

"You do not know until such things come out."

At the gates of the school on Monday, Mother said that she "felt sick" after learning the allegations against the teacher, saying that the teacher was "wonderful with children" and helped her son thrive.

She said that her son had been in the teacher's class for several years and was "wonderful." "All the children loved her."

A Blenheim businessman who worked with several students said the school should have told students that there would be no implications for the progress of the information. He said one of his employees had destroyed his cell phone because he was afraid the contents would land him in trouble.

Education Minister Chris Hippkins confirmed that he had been briefed on the charges on Monday but was unable to comment.

In a letter sent on Friday by Wayne Haggarty and the school's board of trustees, the parents were told that the college was working on a "sensitive" and "serious" issue.

After concern arose about the teacher, the school immediately requested advice from the Education Ministry and New Zealand to the board of trustees to ensure that the charges were handled according to the recommended procedures, the letter said.

"We also contacted the teachers' council, Oranga Tamariki (formerly CYFS) and the police, and the teacher was immediately sent on leave.

"Oranga Tamariki and the police are investigating and maintaining contact with those directly affected, the subject is within their jurisdiction at this stage, with the role of the school being one of contact and support, as well as managing our hiring process."

Education Minister Chris Hippkins was briefed on the "sensitive" charges.

ROSA WOODS / STUFF

Education Minister Chris Hippkins was briefed on the "sensitive" charges.

The primary priority of the school was to support and protect the privacy of each affected student and to connect with students and families, the letter said. The school environment remained settled.

"We are aware that this is disturbing and our school community is entitled to additional information, but as we rely on you to understand in such situations, it is critical that we do not harm or preempt any formal process."

[ad_2]
Source link