Tensions between the US and Iran rose after Trump retired a leading group B-52 bombers to the Gulf
US President Donald Trump warned Iran yesterday of a frightening warning and suggested that if the Islamic Republic attacked American interests, it would be destroyed.
"If Iran wants to fight, it will be Iran's official end, it will never threaten the United States," Trump said.
The tensions between Washington and Tehran are on the rise, as the United States has placed a group of B-52 bombers and bombers on what they called "Iranian threats." This account has already met with widespread skepticism outside the United States.
If Iran wants to fight, it will be the official end of Iran. Never threaten the United States again!
– Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 19, 2019
The White House has sent mixed signals in recent days, amid some reports in the American media about clashes in Trump's government on how difficult it is to push Washington's arch-enemy.
The Trump administration invited non-essential diplomatic personnel outside Iraq, citing threats from Iraqi armed groups backed by Iran, and sent a heavy aircraft and B-52 heavy bombers to the area.
On Sunday, Katyusha rockets were fired at the government offices of the Baghdad embassy, government offices and embassies, including the US mission.
According to reports in the American media, Trump's senior adviser to National Security Advisor John Bolton is pushing Iran, but others in the government are opposed.
Trump himself recently said that he needs to "temper" Bolton.
also, Bangladesh is concerned about attacks on oil plants in the Gulf region
Iran's foreign minister reduced the chances of a new war in the region on Saturday, claiming that Tehran opposed it, and that no party was under the "illusion" of the Islamic Republic.
"We are certain … there will be no war, because we do not want war and no one has the illusion that they can deal with Iran in the region," said Muhammad Wad Zarif to the China News Agency.
Relations between Iran and the United States hit a new low last year when US Trump withdrew from a nuclear deal in 2015 and returned unilateral sanctions that were removed in exchange for the nuclear breakup of its nuclear program.
Saudi Arabia on Sunday called for regional emergency talks to discuss the growing tension of the Gulf and said it did not want a war with Iran but was ready to defend itself.
A few days after mysterious attacks on several tankers in very sensitive Gulf waters and drone strikes on a Saudi oil pipeline by Yemeni rebels whom Diad claimed were acting on Iranian orders.
King Salman invited Gulf leaders and Arab League members to two emergency conferences in Mecca on May 30 to discuss "aggression and their consequences," the official news agency reported.
Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttig says the situation in Iran was led by the Trump administration pic.twitter.com/viiuVjxlhG
– Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) May 19, 2019
Saudi Foreign Minister Adel al-Gheit said yesterday that his country does not want to go to war with Iran but to defend itself.
Saudi Arabia "does not want war, is not looking for it and will do everything to prevent it," he said.
"But at the same time, if the other side chooses war, the kingdom will respond with force and determination to defend itself and its interests."
The regional allies of the kingdom welcomed the Saudi invitation. The UAE Foreign Ministry said that the current "critical circumstances" require a unified Arab and Eastern position.
Oil-producing countries met on Sunday in Saudi Arabia to discuss how to stabilize the volatile oil market amid growing tensions in Iran that threaten to disrupt global supplies.
The supply of oil is sufficient and inventories are still rising, despite massive output declines from Iran and Venezuela, Saudi Arabia and the Arab Emirates said at a meeting in the US.
Qatar, on Sunday, was weighing the growing tensions, saying it did not believe the United States or Iran was interested in fighting the region.
"US President Donald Trump has said he does not want war, and I do not think Iran wants war or instability in the region," Foreign Minister Sultan al-Muraika told AFP at the sidelines of the Qatar Foundation for briefing.
"I think that if we move away from the childish regimes in the region, all the troubles will be settled."
Murakhi said that Doha, which remained isolated by former allies and neighbors in a long-standing diplomatic dispute, has yet to receive an official invitation to the meeting.
Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain and Egypt are among the countries that cut ties with Qatar in June 2017 on accusations that it supports terrorism and seeks closer ties with Tehran.
Iran "officially" has been around for thousands of years and will certainly survive President Trump. So sloppy. If you must, threaten the regime, mullahs, or IRI, but not "Iran" or the Persian people. https://t.co/KoEYjUjgOQ
– Michael McFaul (@McFaul) May 19, 2019
Four ships, including two Saudi oil tankers, were hit by mysterious sabotage attacks on Sunday outside Fujairah, near the Straits of Hormuz, a vital oil route Iran has threatened to close in the event of war.
The incident came in the wake of drone strikes claimed by the Yemeni Yemenite rebels on Sunday of a large Saudi pipeline built as an alternative route if the Straits of Hormuz were closed.
Saudi Arabia accused Tehran of ordering the pipeline attacks, which are aimed at "securing the supply of oil … and the global economy."